Menus in HTML offer much more possibilities than in UMG.
There is an incredible amount of documentations, examples and support on the internet.
For example, you want to create a button? Just google "HTML Button Generator" and you will land on this website.
Copy HTML and CSS and you have an individual button for your game.
This plugin uses UE4's internal browser and extends it with essential functions.
These functions are provided by this plugin.
- Read offline files.
Console commands, graphic settings (resolution, AA, shadow, resolution scale), change level or join server. (I will add more later.)
- Browser runs up to 60fps (UE4 Browser default is 24).
- Sample projects are available for free.(Diablo like RPG Menu example, Menu Showcase).
New menu examples are published regularly.
- Loading an HTML menu can take 1-3 seconds longer than a pure UMG menu.(because a browser is loaded)
I recommend to use the function "Create Widget" during loading times.
Then you don't see a difference anymore.
- Line breaks are removed when merging into one HTML file.
- If you don't use the html creation function, you have to remove all line line breaks from your html files manually.
- Linked js, css or image files do not work in .pak files. Use my Blueprint function to merge it or copy them next to the. pak file.
- Importing a css file within another css file does not work.(.pak file). Link it in html file.